SCNA Board 5/11/21
Present: Dennis, Gabe, Jen, Jenn, Jim & Milo
The meeting was called to order at 7:30.
- Guests: Volunteers Ray Buso (yard sale) & Sue Formica (traffic) joined us.
- Traffic: Good news as crosswalk painting largely done with exception of
WSE/Andrews. 6 crosswalk stanchions on order & curb cutting shortly.
- Stanchions to be located at WSE/Andrews; Forrester/Playground; Winter,
Mall & Oliver Streets. Implementation dates needed on Playground
reflector sign & rollout of planned WSN upgrades.
- Signature Park Impact: Initial focus on accessibility.
- NIAC meeting: 4/19/21 at 7 PM introducing new SPD Chief Lucas Miller
- FOSC: Presented at City Council Parks meeting on 4/27
- Update: Common pathways work by Aggregate & DPS to begin 5/18/21
Total Funds: $23,768
- Checking: $10,689
- Savings: $3,011
- Arch Fund: $10,068
- House of Seven Gables Donation ($100)
Common Updates & Issues
- Playground: Ray of DPS ordered new bubble window & swing surface patch
- Fence Restoration: WSN sections to be removed for repair & reinstallation
- Swing repairs: Jenn to follow up with DPS
- Haunted Happenings/Common: Need trash, police, & traffic enforcement
Events + Website
- Update: Board of Health on 5/11/21 approved outdoor events
- Common Cleanup in June?
- July 4 th Declaration reading – coordinating with Hannah
- Yard sale: Reviewing dates & approach with volunteer Ray Buso & Gabe
- Movies: July & August dates being considered
- Haunted Happenings/Common: 5/18 Park/Rec Com hearing on this topic
- Kids Fun Festival: targeting last two weekends in October with Fiesta Shows
- Holiday Concert: Confirming 12/19 date with Bridge@211 & Concert Band
- Great recent NL interviewing FAME plus other info
- Next month working on possible Witch Museum interview with Jenn
Washington Arch and Preservation
- Arch: Essex Heritage -$2,000 grant. Dennis clarifying/contract signed
- Arch: Eagle & Carvings – Skylight Studios quote received – next steps?
- Arch: Explanatory Sign – Milo created graphics – Jim to order from Pannier
- Arch: PEM – Reignite collaboration – to discuss at next meeting
- Arch: Historic Commission – Approved 4/21 w/brick pad. Parks Com next.
- Bandstand Flowerbeds: Dominick P. working w/Jenna Ide on final approval
Next Board Meeting: June 8th, 2021 at 7:30. Location: TBD