SCNA Board 7/13/21
Present: Dennis, Gabe, Jen & Milo
The meeting was called to order at 7:30.
- Crosswalk painting largely done with exception of WSE/Andrews.
- 6 crosswalk stanchions need to be reordered for WSE/Andrews; Forrester/Playground; Winter, Mall & Oliver Streets. Gabe/David K.
- Playground/WSN crosswalks plan for reflective paint. Gabe/David K.
- Rerouting 1A via legislative action to Wash St/Bridge St Ext. w/DP
- Sue communicating with David K on speed bumps on side streets, etc.
- Accessibility improved with curb cuts at WSE/Briggs & WSE/Williams.
- NIAC: No meetings until 9/8/21. Topic will be Haunted Happenings.
- Leadership: Lynn officially resigned as she begins her move to NM. We all will miss her & wish her well. Discussions begun on new Board members.
Total Funds: $23,326.99
- Checking: $10,523.63
- Savings: $3,011.75
- Arch Fund: $9,791.61
- Expenses $1,189:
- Event Postcards/Mini-Print: $89
- July 4th reenactor: $100
- Island Beautification: $250
- Lawn Party/Gabel Music 50% Dep.: $750
- Anticipated expenses
- Arch Sign
- Lawn Party
- Yard Sale
- Kid’s Fest
- Holiday Concert
Common Updates & Issues
- Tree Trimming. Good work by City & Cicoria Trees – looks great!
- Fence Restoration: 16 WSN sections removed for repair & reinstall in Nov.
- Playground: Replacement unit an improvement but new unit needed
- Swing & Surface Repairs: Jenn following up with DPS
- Not Approved Events: Park & Rec follow up on use (boot camps) & approval
- Haunted Happenings: Extra trash, policing/parking plan needed.
Events + Website
- Movie Nights on the Common
- Wednesday @ 8 PM: July 28 th Disney’s Lilo + Stich
- Wednesday @ 8 PM: *August 4 th Captain Marvel; August 18 th TBD. August 25 th Pixar’s Soul
- *August 4 th Movie Night will also include City Mobile Vaccination Clinic
- Cafe Claude – The Music of Frank Sinatra Sunday, August 22, 3 PM
- Vintage Lawn Party
- Sunday, September 12, 12-4 PM
- Yard Sale
- Saturday, September 18, 12-4 PM
- Common Clean Up
- September TBD
- Kids’ Fun Fest
- Saturday & Sunday, Oct 23 & 24, 30 & 31, both weekends, 11-5 PM
- Common Decorating and Tree Lighting
- Sunday, November 28 th Time: 11 AM to 1 PM
- Holiday Concert, The Bridge@211 Sunday, December 19 th , 3:00 PM
- Upcoming topics: Witch Museum interview; offer to profile Ward 2
councilor candidates; events.
Washington Arch and Preservation
- Essex Heritage. $2,000 grant paperwork done. Awaiting arrival of funds.
- Skylight Studios. Eagle & Carvings quote received.
- Pannier Sign. City approved frame & text proof sent to Pannier.
- PEM. Reignite collaboration.
- Salem Historic Commission:
- Arch plan for sign, landscaping & brick pad approved 4/21/21.
- Meeting on 7/21/21 on new Common benches.
- Bandstand Flowerbeds: Waiting feedback from Dominick P. & Jenna Ide.
Next Board Meeting: August 10 th at 7:30. Location: TBD: Outside we hope!