SCNA Board 8/10/21
Present: No in person meeting
- Traffic (Gabe C & Sue F following up with David K of City):
- Crosswalk painting done with exception of WSE/Andrews & Briggs.
- 6 crosswalk stanchions installed. 2 damaged & require replacement.
- Playground/WSN crosswalks plan needed for reflective paint.
- Rerouting 1A via legislative action to Wash St/Bridge St Ext
- City in support as is Bridge St. neighborhood association
- Sue communicating with David K on speed bumps on side streets, etc.
- Accessibility improved with curb cuts at WSE/Briggs & WSE/Williams.
- NIAC: No meetings until 9/8/21. Topic will be Haunted Happenings.
- Participation: Need for additional active volunteers & Board members.
- Ward 2 Debate: League of WV proposing Ward 2 candidates’ debate with SCNA prior to 9/14 election. Jenn to check Hawthorne availability.
Total Funds: $23,399.09
- Checking: $10,588.63
- Savings: $3,012.02
- Arch Fund: $9,792.44
- Expenses $0
- Anticipated expenses
- Arch Sign
- Lawn Party
- Yard Sale
- Kid’s Fest
- Holiday Concert
Common Updates & Issues
- Events: Trash pick-up & yard work from DPS after events on schedule.
- Tree/Grass: Branch removal constant & dead grass patches being attended.
- Crime: Minimal so far on Common with homeless moving along fairly well.
- Parking: Escalating as a neighborhood issue with vendors & employees of nearby businesses parking on residential streets.
- Upcoming Enhancements/Ongoing Issues:
- Benches: On 8/4, SHC approved 4 new ADA benches & relocation of others.
- Fence Restoration: 16 WSN sections removed for repair & reinstall in Nov.
- Lighting: Milo involving all parties to get all fixtures/bulbs to be similar.
- Playground: Repairs to window an improvement but new unit needed.
- Swing & Surface Repairs: 2 new holes found – Jenn following up with DPS.
- Not Approved Events: Park & Rec follow up on use (boot camps) & approval
- Haunted Happenings: Extra trash, policing & parking plans needed.
Events + Website
- First two movies cancelled along with initial City mobile vaccine clinic.
- August 18 th & 25 th movie events may include new City mobile vaccine clinic.
- Yard sale Sept. 19 th flyer attached – tables & pickup to be confirmed w/City
- Upcoming Events: great work by Events Committee!
- Movie Nights on the Common
- Wednesday @ 8 PM: *August 18 th Goonies; August 25 th Pixar’s Soul
- *August Movie Nights may also include City Mobile Vaccination Clinic
- Cafe Claude – The Music of Frank Sinatra Sunday, August 22, 3 PM
- Vintage Lawn Party
- Sunday, September 12, 12-4 PM
- Yard Sale
- Saturday, September 19, 11-3 PM
- Common Clean Up
- September TBD
- Kids’ Fun Fest
- Saturday & Sunday, Oct 23 & 24, 30 & 31, both weekends, 11-5 PM
- Common Decorating and Tree Lighting
- Sunday, November 28 th Time: 11 AM to 1 PM
- Holiday Concert, The Bridge@211 Sunday, December 19 th , 3:00 PM
- Witch Museum interview; Ward 2 councilor candidates; events.
Washington Arch and Preservation
- Essex Heritage. $2,000 grant paperwork done. Jim pursuing funds deposit.
- Jim to represent SCNA at EH Annual Meeting on Sept. 9th
- Skylight Studios. Eagle & Carvings quote received.
- Pannier Sign. Sign approved & delivered to DPW. Installation date needed.
- PEM. Reignite collaboration.
- Brick Pad/Landscaping. SHC approved plan on 4/21. Install date open.
- Bandstand Flowerbeds: Waiting feedback from Dominick P. & Jenna Ide.
Next Board Meeting: Sept. 14th at 7:30. Location: Jane’s patio.