SCNA Board Meeting: 7/12/22 Updated: 7/17/22
Location: Jane’s patio at 7 PM
Attendees: Amy, Dennis, Gabe, Jane, Jen, Jenn, Milo & K. Fitzgerald
President/VP Report: Dennis/Gabe
- Speed cushions in place on Mall Street – others to follow.
- Next focus area for solution installation is Playground crossing.
- Traffic monitoring on Pleasant & Andrew Streets – stop sign needed
- Rerouting 1A@Winter to Washington St/Bridge Ext needs legislation
- Bridge St Neighborhood Association also supports
- Beautification: City watering to resume on traffic islands & monuments.
- NIAC: Meetings to resume in fall
- Participation: Additional active volunteers needed – welcome Kristen & friends!
Treasury Report: Jane (Data As of 7.12.22)
Total Funds $26,863: Checking ($12,070), Savings ($5,016), Arch ($9,777)
- Incurred Expenses: Garden Club Stroll Donation ($100)
- Anticipated Expenses: $2,100 for Lawn Party event band
- Donations: $77 from events
Membership Report: Amy (Data As of 7.12.22)
Memberships 53/Members 80: (27) Family, (18) Individual, (8) Business
- 7 new memberships from events
- Welcome Pentagram as newest business member
NL sent out on 6/30 covering March to July
Next NL: events update including movies
Common & Neighborhood Enhancements: Jenn
Little Library: SCNA supporting led by member Kristen Fitzgerald
Bandstand: Waiting to hear on City plans – may include flower beds.
Fence: Patti Kelleher to advise on City ongoing repair plans.
Playground Picnic Tables: Need painting – initiative led by Jenn Santo
Lawn: Looks great – surface review needed to remove trash before mowing
- Extra cleanups will be needed for heavy summer event use by City
- Reading of Declaration of Independence on 4 th went well
- Our thanks to speakers Council President Orsillo & SHS’ Diana Dunlap
- SCNA also happy to sponsor well attended 7/9 Garden Club stroll
- Movies at dusk on July 27 and August 3, 10 & 17
- Vintage Lawn party on Sept 10 th at noon
- Yard sale on Sept 17 th – Gabe arranging
- Kids Fun Fest: October 22/23 & 29/30
- Nov 27 th : Common Holiday Decorating at noon
- Dec 18 th : Holiday Concert at the Bridge@211
Washington Arch Initiative: Gabe
- SHC hearing on Carvings on 6/15 resulted in approval.
- State seal carving put on hold while legislature considers redesign
- MA Historical Commission to confirm SHC approval.
- State funding to be confirmed in August.
- Contracted with PEM endorsed designer: Skylight Studios.
- Contracts to be revised to sync up with City methodology.
PEM: Access to McIntire originals approved via Curator Sarah Chasse.
Next Board Meeting: August 9 th , 2022, at 7:30. Location: TBD