SCNA Board Meeting: 8/9/22 Updated: 8/15/22
Location: Hawthorne Tavern
Attendees: Dennis, Gabe, Jane, Jen, Jenn & Milo
President/VP Report: Dennis/Gabe
Traffic: All below topics brought up by Gabe & Sue at Traffic Com 8/10 meeting:
- Speed cushions in place on Mall Street – others to follow.
- Create a plan like the WSN solution for Playground crossing.
- Traffic monitoring on Pleasant & Andrew Streets – stop sign needed
- Rerouting 1A@Winter to Washington St/Bridge Ext needs legislation
- New traffic calming monitoring software tool to be in place by year end
Beautification: City watering has resumed on traffic islands & monuments.
NIAC: Meetings to resume in fall
Treasury Report: Jane (Data As of 8.8.22)
- Total Funds $26,701: Checking ($11,908), Savings ($5,016), Arch ($9,777)
- Incurred Expenses: Yoga on Common: $111
- Anticipated Expenses: Candy for movies: $74; Lawn Party band: $2,100
- Donations: After movies are done, donations will be submitted by Milo
Membership Report: Amy (Data As of 8.9.22)
Memberships 56/Members 84: (28) Family, (18) Individual, (10) Business
Welcome to Pentagram & Modern Millie as our newest business members!
Next NL: events update; interviews with Sue on traffic & Kristen on library
Common & Neighborhood Enhancements: Jenn
Little Library: Application process begun by member Kristen Fitzgerald.
Bandstand: Waiting to hear on City plans – may include flower beds.
Fence: Patti Kelleher to advise on City ongoing repair plans.
Playground Picnic Tables: Need painting – initiative led by Jenn.
Lawn: Extra cleanups are happening for heavy summer event usage.
Arborist: Sorry that Bob LeBlanc has left – hope he will be replaced quickly
- SCNA Movies on 7/27 & 8/3 & 8/10 – great fun & well attended
- Ice Cream Bowl & Fete en Blanc were great & our thanks to organizers
- Movie at dusk on August 17th
- Vintage Lawn party on Sept 11th at noon until 4
- Volunteers needed
- Yard sale on Sept 17 from 10 to 2 – Gabe arranging
- Amanda Bondi & Kristen supporting Gabe – thanks!
- Block party on Sept 24th – Jane arranging
- Kids Fun Fest: October 22/23 & 29/30
- Nov 27 th : Common Holiday Decorating at noon
- Dec 18 th : Holiday Concert at the Bridge@211
Washington Arch Initiative: Gabe
- SHC hearing on Carvings on 6/15 resulted in approval.
- State seal carving put on hold while legislature considers redesign
- City engineer to assist with lift to allow measurements to be take
- MA Historical Commission concurs with SHC Carvings approval.
- State funding is now confirmed for final phase of project.
- Contracted with PEM endorsed designer: Skylight Studios.
- Contracts to be revised to sync up with City methodology.
PEM: Access to McIntire originals approved via S. Chasse & S. Mallory.
Next Board Meeting: September 13 th , 2022, at 7:30. Location: Jenn’s house