SCNA November Board Meeting Recap 11/14/23

Attendees: Dennis, Gabe, Jane, Jen, Jenn, Milo
Meeting Location: On Line

President/VP Report: Dennis/Gabe

SAFE CBA Offshore Wind Facility: City met with SAFE & SOWA advisory group which SCNA is part of. Added to NIAC November. Attended Crowley tour.

Upgrades & Traffic Calming: Gabe checking on status with Traffic Dept.

  • Traffic stanchions need to be replaced at Witch Museum
  • Speed bumps, stanchions & flashing signs needed by spring at playground
  • Paving & walkway painting around Washington Square needed by spring
  • Traffic monitoring on Winter Street as part of decision to reroute 1A

Website Updates: Milo to add Board Meeting recaps & events.
NIAC: 11/8/23 meeting included OWF update by City. Gabe distributed minutes.
Salem 400+: Dennis had separate planning session & provided input.
Washington Arch: To be decorated with large wreath as part of HSI CSI event.

Treasury Report: Jane (Data As of 11/13/23)

  • Current Funds $27,240 Checking ($11,965), Reserve ($7,024), Arch ($8,251)
  • Incurred Expenses $318: Historic Salem Ad $318
  • Anticipated Expenses $4,000 Membership Mailer ($1K), Website On Hold ($950), Holiday Band ($750); Arch Casting for storage ($1,000); Adele Flyers ($300)

Membership Report: Jane Acting Lead (Data As of 11/13/23)

  • Current year: 65/Members 86: (21) Family, (37) Individual, (7) Business
  • New members signed up in fall are good for next year as well
  • Membership Lead Needed: New lead needed

Newsletter: Jen

Next NL: Request new leaders for events & membership as well as producing updated event schedule. Also a look back at SCNA’s history. Distribute 2023 review & updates on upcoming events.

Events: Acting Lead Milo & Group

  • Kids Fun Fest: Was a success on one day that wasn’t rained out
  • Common Holiday Decorating: Nov 26 th 12-2- tree, holly & wreaths
    • Hot chocolate & pastries from Coffee Time for volunteers.
    • Dennis working with Ray to strengthen Arch for wreath.
    • Flyer being created for this event
  • HSI Event: SCNA supporting HSI ‘s Christmas in Salem event
    • HSI house tours on Dec 1 st , 2 nd & 3rd
    • SCNA supporting by creating & placing ad in HSI brochure
    • Jenn working with Katie on tree & Arch wreath arrival time
  • Holiday Concert: Bridge@211 on Dec 17 th 3 to 5 with bake sale.
    • Concert flyer created & to be distributed
  • Continuing to look for new event lead

Washington Arch: Gabe

  • Arch lighting to be included in future City lamppost plans
    • Looking to get existing spotlight operational for holidays
  • Wreath approved to add to Arch for holidays with Ray’s assistance
  • Working with Skylight & City on storage of Arch work castings

Common & Neighborhood Issues & Enhancements: Jenn

  • Bandstand: Phase 2 (restore done; add flowerbeds) exploring with City
  • Lawn: Ray J planning to address current infestation & remediation after HH
    • Minor items – sawhorses, vendor pads, etc. – have been removed
    • Major fall cleanup being planned
    • Will removed bollards by Hawthorne be coming back?
  • Fence: Working with Patti K & Mike C on needed near/long term solutions
  • Raised Beds: Planting completed. Edges to be rounded & plaques added
  • Future: Explore possible adult recreational/fitness installation on Common

Next Board Meeting: Dec 12th at TBD; Location: TBD