SCNA Board 3/9/21
Present: Dennis, Erin, Gabe, Gary, Jane, Jen, Jenn & Milo
The meeting was called to order at 7:30.
- Signature Park Common Impact: Waiting for update from P. Kelleher
- Traffic: Gabe with support of SCNA Board & Councilor Madore has reached out to D. Kucharsky on issues. DK invited to speak at April Board Meeting.
- NIAC on 3/10/21 covered crime/chief search. Tip line is 978-619-5627.
- Other: Yard Waste: 3/20; E-Waste: 3/27; COVID Testing: Through 6/30
Total Funds: $23,384
- Checking: $10,307
- Savings: $3,010
- Arch Fund: $10,066
Membership Renewal: 44 in total; 18 family memberships & 3 businesses
Common Updates & Issues
- Fence Restoration: 10 to 16 sections along WSN between Mall & Oliver targeted for spring removal & repair with planned summer reinstallation
- Common drainage remains an issue.
- Playground: Contacted Ray on new bubble window & swing surface patch.
- “Flower” bench never cleaned up after decorating. On SeeClickFix.
- New signage is hard to read especially non-smoking rules.
- Muster in April & Clean Sweeps in May on hold per City.
- 4thof July reading of Declaration may be our 2021 event starting point.
- For 2021, summer films not concerts agreed as the way to go
- Partnerships: All agreed to support the Film Festival – Milo to follow-up.
- Support for Flower Beautification approved for 2021 – thanks Barb Swartz.
- Website: Milo to update with Board Meeting Recaps and Newsletters.
- March Newsletter: Annual Meeting reminder and Traffic issues update.
- Next Newsletter: Highlight SCNA Business Members with initial focus on long time SCNA supporter Salem Witch Museum.
Washington Arch Restoration
- It was agreed that Bandstand & Arch projects would be treated separately
- Bandstand: Rendering of landscape plan funded by SCNA, City & vendors.
- Quotes: $1,800 for rendering; $3,000 for landscaping
- Explanatory Arch Sign: Approved by P. Kelleher/J. Ratliff. Hold until spring.
- PEM: Role needs to be resolved. Patti K’s assistance requested.
- Funding: $2K grant sought for overall project.
- Carvings: Skylight Studios quotes $32K for GW, swags, eagle & MA seal.
- HSC: Ray (DPS) making submission to include pad, landscaping & irrigation.
- Follow-up: Milo checking with HistComm to see when DPS will be on agenda.
SCNA Annual Meeting:
- Mayor Driscoll to be our speaker on March 30that 7 PM at online meeting
- Gabe requested nominations & current officers were reelected – thanks all
- Board working on Annual Meeting (AM) presentation as a group.
- Zoom based webinar for AM will allow questions from registered audience.
- Will post meeting link on SCNA FB page & will include it in NL reminder.
Our March Board meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM
Next Board Meeting: April 13th, 2021 at 7:30. Location: Online meeting. Speakers from Traffic Dept: Dave Kucharsky & Nick Downing to be confirmed.