SCNA Board 2/9/21
Present:Dennis, Erin, Gabe, Jen, Jenn & Milo
The meeting was called to order at 7:30.
- Signature Park Common Impact: Waiting for update from P. Kelleher
- Traffic: Gabe has reached out to David Kucharsky on neighborhood issues:
- Stop sign @ WSE/Andrew; Speed bumps by playground; Crosswalk painting
- NIAC 2/10/21 covered virus/vaccine issues
Total Funds: $22,091
- Checking: $9,026
- Savings: $3,010
- Arch Fund: $10,056
- acquiring salemcommon.net ($279)
- auto renewal ($211.44)
Memberships: Total at 55 including 24 family memberships & 8 businesses
- Membership Renewal: Campaign to renew to be launched 2/17/21
Common Updates & Issues
- Winter maintenance of Common a high priority & raised to Dominic
- Main paths need to be snow blown & cut properly not on grass.
- Plowing of track helpful as long as surface is not scraped up.
- Common drainage remains a current & ongoing issue.
- Playground: Contacted Ray on new bubble window & swing surface patch
- Tree trimming: No notification or input to SCNA
- “Flower” bench never cleaned up after decorating. On SeeClickFix.
- Graffiti continues to be a problem particularly on playground equipment.
- New signage is hard to read especially non-smoking rules.
- Events: None planned for the immediate future at this time.
- Website: salemcommon.com & .net registered to SCNA
- Website: Donor options updated including automatic membership renewal
- February Newsletter: Focus on Annual Meeting. Will be sent on 2/17/21
- Next Newsletter: Highlight SCNA Business Members
Washington Arch Restoration
- Bandstand: Rendering of landscape plan funded by SCNA, City & vendors.
- Quotes: $1,800 for rendering; $3,000 for landscaping
- Explanatory Arch Sign: Approved by P. Kelleher/J. Ratliff. Hold until spring.
- PEM: Meeting held in Sept. with S. Mallory. Patti K follow up w/PEM.
- Funding: Grant sought for overall project. Obtaining quote on Eagle.
- HistComm: Ray from DPS submission to include pad, landscaping & irrigation.
- Follow-up: Milo to check with Patti K on when Ray’s submission will be on HSC’s agenda. Jenn to ask Patti K about PEM status.
SCNA Annual Meeting:
- Mayor Driscoll to be our speaker on March 30that 7 PM at online meeting
- Nomination committee for officer elections created by Gabe.
- All current officers standing for reelection – thanks to all!
- Members reminded to renew by 2/26 so they can vote per SCNA bylaws.
- Online election to be held by email prior to Annual Meeting
- Board to work on Annual Meeting presentation as a group.
Our February Board meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM
Next Board Meeting: March 9th, 2021 at 7:30. Location: Online meeting. May decide to just have Annual Meeting on March 30th: TBD