SCNA Board Meeting Updates June/July 2019
- Jenna Ide (Capital Projects/Sustainability) joined 7/9/19 Board meeting
- Jenna discussed Capital Projects throughout City.
- Very open to working on Common Master Plan with all participants.
- Congrats to our 2 new Commissioners: Milo (Historic) & Josh (Tree)!
- Common Fence Restoration. Sections by Hawthorne & WSE will be removed in September and reinstalled in April 2020.
- City indicates work on track.
- Bandstand short, interim & long-term plan discussed with Planning Dept.
- Dominick indicates hardscaping & hatch work to begin in July.
- John Giardi on point for short term electric & windows fixes.
- No Smoking signs near structures – still waiting on Planning Dept.
- Madore has moved for Common to be completely non-smoking.
- Ordinance to make all Salem parks non-smoking sent to Committee.
- Next NAIC meeting will be on July 10th
- Will raise our ongoing issues (painting sidewalk crossings, etc.).
- June 12 th minutes already distributed to Board.
- Kids Fest with Fiesta approval from City:
- Combined application submitted & waiting final approval
- New tree/landscaping group forming
- Arborist Bob LeBlanc hired & meeting with Jenn & Josh on 7/10.
- Member/Event Communication
- Jane sent paper mailing to former members with good response.
- Jane created SCNA info & event schedule handout – looks great!
- Arch Activities
- Generous donation by Peter LaChapelle and his Lodge acknowledged.
- Content creation for explanatory Arch sign being created by Gabe.
- Quote from sign vendor to be obtained by Dennis.
- Milo OK with City’s graphic standards & ready to engage sign vendor.
- Carving work quote: Peter has suggested a Beverly vendor to Gabe.
- Gabe also looking to obtain quote from Somerville vendor.
- Checking: $11,739
- Arch: $ 9,090
- Savings: $ 3,005
- Total: $23,834
New Memberships: $235
- 1 Business
- 4 Individual
- 1 Family
Donations To SCNA
- $38 to General Fund from 4 th of July Event
- $2010 to Arch from Peter LaChapelle & Lodge
Donations By SCNA
- Salem Sound ($100)
Incurred Expenses: $1337
- Jazzy Jack Band: $300 (50% deposit for concert on 7/24)
- Creative Ink: $122 (membership renewal forms)
- Minit-Print: $110 (postcards)
- Stamps: $100
- A. Maestranzi: $80 (postcard design check#1586)
- Gabel Music: $625 (50% deposit for Lawn Party concert on 9/8 check #1587)
- Anticipated Expenses:
- Errin Brown Band On 7/10: TBD
- Jazzy Jack Band On 7/24: $300
- Essex Heritage donation: $100
- Movie Nights: TBD
- Lawn Party: TBD (to include dance floor rental)
- Gabel Music on 9/8: $625
- Yard Sale on 9/21: TBD
- Kids Fest Oct: TBD
- Holiday Concert Dec: TBD
- Event parking on Common (Pride, etc.) – Jenn directing to Ray Jodoin
- Early loud music at events (Cancer Walk) – Dennis to follow up
- Ongoing tear on playground surface – Jenn directing to Ray Jodoin
- Raised hazard on Common edge by Winter St. – Dennis to follow up
- Clean-up of bandstand basement – Jenn directing to Ray Jodoin
- Partner page updated on website – Aggregate Inc. to be added
- We will bring water & ice to events
- First concert on 7/10
- SCNA postcards creating interest – ordering 100 with movie titles
- Movies are Moana, Guardians of Galaxy & Sandlot
- Lawn Party attracting interest from other swing dance groups
- Strong interest from merchants in attending Lawn party
Corresponding Secretary’s Report
- Newsletter went out in June and was well received
- Next newsletter planned for end of July emphasizing how to participate in SCNA with profiles of Committee leaders
- Newsletter will include request for permanent Membership Chair
- Newsletter recipients at 525 & Facebook participants over 1,000
- Discussions underway on converting some of these folks to members
Next Board Meeting on August 13 th @ 7:30