SCNA Board 12/8/20
Jane Carroll, Gabe Ciociola, Jen Hagar, Milo Martinez, Erin Murphy, Lynn Murray, Jenn Santo
The meeting was called to order at 7:30.
- Councilor Madore supports working with Traffic Department on below:
- Refresh crosswalk painting at WSE & Forrester
- Traffic calming at Forrester, Essex & around Common
- Stop sign at corner of WSE & Andrew Street
- Milo reiterated the need for increased traffic calming around Washington Square.
NIAC meeting on 12/9/20: Update: Gabe covered and no major developments.
Signature Park initiative supported at Council sessions on 11/19 & 12/3. The Board of the SCNA has formally offered its support to this initiative.
A new Backstop on the Common will be one of several around the City and is being painted presumably to feature seasonal content. Creative Collective is responsible.
Common Updates & Issues
- Common cleanup: Needs to be scheduled before winter subject to staff availability
- Graffiti continues to be a problem particularly at playground as well as Arch.
- Jenn also reported that there is another hole in the rubber flooring at the playground.
- Lawn issues of ant infestation & mushroom growth remain a long-term problem.
Events: Holiday Decorating on 11/29 a big success with great turnout. Witch Museum/Michaud donated wreaths/holly. We thanked the private donor for the
Holiday Tree. SCNA donated lights & ornaments.
Although SCNA will not hosting the annual holiday concert, members will explore if there are ways to collect donations in kind or cash for the Salem Food Pantry.
Newsletter suggested topics: Signature Park, Common Decorating, others
Washington Arch Restoration:
- Sign text/graphics approved by P. Kelleher & J. Ratliff . On hold until spring.
- PEM meeting held in Sept. with S. Mallory. No word back as yet.
- Landscaping design along with updated rendering. On hold until spring.
- Community Grant (CDBG) process underway for City installed brick pad.
Total Funds: $22,536.91
- Checking: $9,672.58
- Savings: $3,010.00
- Arch Fund: $9,854.33
Incurred Expenses: $178.98
- Historic Salem, Inc. Ad Donation: $78.98
- Salem Sound Coastwatch Membership: $100.00
Membership Totals: 53 (8 business, 26 Families, and 19 individuals
- New Memberships Revenues:$185.00
New & Renewal Memberships. Jane reported that efforts to offer memberships beginning now & extending through 2021 have been successful as well as FB signups.
- Dennis suggested having the chair of the Historical Commission attend our next meeting.
- Milo agreed to reach out to him and find out his availability.
- Gabe requested that any notifications of a time sensitive nature be sent via text.
Our December Board meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM
Next Board Meeting: January 12th, 2021 at 7:30. Location: Online meeting