SCNA Board Meeting: 5.10.22 Recap & Updates: 5.14.22
Board Attendees Online: Amy, Dennis, Gabe, Jane, Jen
Guest Speaker: Stacy Kilb, Salem Sustainability Director
- Reviewed the benefits of sustainability for historic homes
- SCNA to distribute Stacy’s presentation
President/VP Report: Dennis/Gabe
- Traffic: WSN crosswalks striped with new thermos paint on 5/15.
- Flex posts, bump outs & stanchions to follow
- Rubber speed cushions for Mall & Howard Streets up next
- Hope to extend improvements to more streets & playground
- Overall annual sidewalk striping needs to happen soon
- Traffic monitoring program underway on Pleasant & Andrews St.
- Rerouting 1A@Winter St to Wash St/Bridge Ext. needs legislation
- Bridge St. Neighborhood Association also supports
- Sidewalks: SCNA endorses new ordinance -requests owner brick option
- Grant: SCNA supports House of Seven Gables open space project
- NIAC: 5/11/22 meeting attended & minutes distributed
Participation: Need for additional active volunteers
Treasury & Membership Reports: Jane (Data As of 5.9.22)
Total $28,322: Checking ($12,222), Savings ($5,014), Arch ($11,109)
- Incurred Expenses: $153 including $100 donation to Essex Heritage
Expenses Anticipated: $1,328
- Arch: $1,328 landscaping by Arbor Design
- 2022 Memberships 42: (20) Family, (15) Individual, (7) Business
- New members: Mailer program – Amy & Jane to decide
Newsletter: Annual Meeting recap; Arch SATV link; events
Common & Neighborhood Enhancements: Jenn
- Trees: Pruning project completed by Arborist Bob LeBlanc
- SCNA supports the next phase of Tree project
- Lawn: Ray Jodoin has initiated revitalization of Common’s 9 acres: Shursberry Landscaping has begun filling all low areas with 32 tons of improved root zone mix. This will be followed by aerifying, seeding (500 lbs. per acre), dragging with harrow, & fertilizing (6 bags per acre). Monthly fertilizing will then continue
June thru November at the rate of 4.5 bags per acre.
- Benches: 4 ADA benches installed. Transition points needed.3 regular benches installed with 5 more planned for 2023.
- Bandstand: Phase 2 scheduled for summer & may include flowers
Trash Barrels: Useability of new larger barrels under discussion.
- Common Cleanup on 4/24 as part of Salem Cleanup went well.
- Movie Night (Clue) on 4/29 at Diehl Marcus & Co. was great fun.
- Next event: Café Claude – Sinatra Tribute 5/15 at 3 on Common.
- Upcoming: SCNA is a leading sponsor of Garden Club’s July event.
- Other: Confirm 2022 schedule so Adele can create postcard.
Arch Restoration: Gabe
City: SHC hearing to approve Cravings on 5/18 at 6 PM via Zoom
Painting/Landscaping: Painting done – landscaping to complete in May.
Carvings: Contracted with PEM endorsed designer: Skylight Studios.
PEM: Access to McIntire originals approved via Curator Sarah Chasse.
Next Board Meeting: June 14th, 2022, at 7:30. Location: TBD