SCNA Board Meeting Agenda: 6/14/22 Updated: 6/21/22
Location: Tavern at Hawthorne at 8 PM
Attendees: Amy, Dennis, Gabe, Jane, Jenn, Milo
President/VP Report: Dennis/Gabe
- Traffic: WSN crosswalks painted, bump outs, stanchions & flashing signs in place.
- Speed cushions in place on Mall Street – others to follow.
- Next focus area for solution installation is Playground crossing.
- Traffic monitoring program underway on Pleasant & Andrew Streets
- Rerouting 1A@Winter to Washington St/Bridge Ext needs legislation
- Bridge St Neighborhood Association also supports
Beautification: Thanks to Barb Swartz traffic islands & monument look great!
NIAC: June meeting attended – meetings will resume in fall
Participation: Ongoing need for additional active volunteers
Treasury & Membership Reports: Jane (Data As of 6.13.22)
Total Funds $26,537: Checking ($11,747), Savings ($5,015), Arch ($9,775)
- Incurred Expenses: Movie ($100); Plantings: Arch ($1335) & Islands ($266)
- 2022 Memberships 46: (23) Family, (16) Individual, (7) Business
- Potential Members Mailer: Placed on hold until 2023
- Newsletter: Jen/Dennis & Milo to send out by 6/24
- Items: Annual Meeting recap; events; traffic & lawn work
Common & Neighborhood Enhancements: Jenn
Lawn Revitalization: Ray has begun work on Common’s 9 acres- looks great
Regular monthly fertilization will continue through November
Benches: 3 regular benches installed with 5 more planned for 2023.
Little Library: SCNA to help with this initiative.
Bandstand: Waiting to hear on City plans – may include flower beds.
Fence: Patti Kelleher to advise on City ongoing repair plans.
Confirm 2022 draft event schedule so Adele can create postcard:
- Past event: Café Claude: Sinatra Tribute 5/15
- Next Up: Reading Declaration of Independence on 7/4 at 10 AM
- Speakers: Mayor Driscoll and Salem Historical Society
- SCNA sponsoring Garden Club’s July event
- Vintage Lawn party on Sept 10 th at noon
- Yard sale on Sept 17 th (time DBA) – Gabe handling
- Kids Fare: Last two weekends in October (times TBD)
- Nov 27 th : Common Holiday Decorating at noon
- Dec 18 th : Holiday Concert: Location & time (TBD)
Washington Arch Intiative: Gabe
City: SHC hearing on Carvings on 6/15 resulted in approval.
State seal carving put on hold while legislature considers redesign
Carvings: Contracted with PEM endorsed designer: Skylight Studios.
PEM: Access to McIntire originals approved via Curator Sarah Chasse.
Next Board Meeting: July 12 th , 2022, at 7:30. Location: Jane’s patio – thanks!